Thursday, July 12, 2012

An Epic Wrap up PART THREE: the final installment

Well, the epicness of the trip was starting to wind down, and I was really looking forward to spending some time in Naples for the rest of the week.  Talayna immediately put me to work doing little handyman things around the house while she was at work, and I got to spend a lot of quality time with the greatest dog ever...Barney (her 6yr old Labradoodle).  The dude is awesome, and when he looks at you, he is looking into your soul.  What a sweetie, its too bad he was a little under the weather =(

The rest of the week was spent watching a bunch of complete ridiculousness take place in the gym, in the water, on the beach, on the road, on the bike, on the obstacle course, and pretty much anywhere else Talayna decided to grace with her presence, hahah!  She is a monster, and I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen someone as dedicated to ANYTHING throughout my various athletic endeavors!  I've been around the block a few times in a few different circles of freakishness, and I am extremely confident with that statement, and I chose my words wisely.  Talayna Fortunato has put in more hard work (good, smart hard work) than any athlete I have ever come across.  That would include MULTIPLE Olympians, Gold Medalists, World Champions, NCAA Champions and All-Americans, etc...etc...etc... the list is long, and she is at the top, all alone, with the runner-up in a distant second place.  I am truly in awe, and have been inspired to dig deep for the first time to see if there is any talent left in this old sack of bones that I've become, hahah!  Time to get serious, I suppose, lol =)

So, the rest of the trip was a bit of a blur, and the time passed FAR too quickly.  I might have done a bike ride or two, and I might have enjoyed my time in Naples as much as anytime I can remember.  Maybe someday I'll have the chance to go back, maybe someday...

Just your TYPICAL Naples sunset...

She wanted to see the beach, too ;)  Don't worry, she was CARRIED!

"Son-of-a....  do I really have to leave??"

Bye, bye...


I'm guessing my 4th of July scenery was better than yours...just sayin'  ;)

Jennifer was the bomb

Jonas was one of my Naples favorites

Sunset at the beach on the 4th, need I say more?


"Your gun is sticking into my hip..."

Talayna took me past the Master Bait and Tackle store, but it was closed =(

Last night in Naples, just in time for one more sunset.

3 bikes loaded, and sad to leave.  Chattanooga here I come.


So, next year, my next Epic Journey of Epicness is gonna have a hard time topping this one...I might need to recruit some help...WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment